After a phase of basics development, we are now trying to improve the presentation and handling of the program. Afterwards, we will come back to more fundamental steps.
- As an option: Interpretation of backspace. Although VK TypeHelp is not an editor, cancelling the last character seems to be feasible. (In addition to the nontrivial reverse change of the structure, the assistant will e.g. also have to recognize whether the backspace concerns the last character it got.) This could avoid the logging of wrong characters, gaps, and corrections, by the assistant, at the very end.
- Optional logging of control characters, e.g. linefeeds, instead of their simplified handling (as in this version always done).
- Improvements of the user interface.
- The presentation of the suggestions should more clearly concern characters, not key strokes. As a further step, information from the context within an edit field the user is working with should be utilized. That way, a correction might be registered in a corresponding longer context.
- Handling of non European characters, support of Unicode.
- Improvements of core structure and functions.